IE’s aquatic services include:
- The development of sampling plans and experimental designs
- Stream, lake, wetland and esturarine bioassessment and field sampling
- Surveys of native or exotic macroinvertebrate species
- Sample processing, with rigorous quality assurance measures and sub-sort procedures in place to assure quality results
- Identification of macroinvertebrate specimens to the level of taxonomic resolution requested by our clients
- Biomass estimation with updated mass-length regression models
- Secondary production estimates using size-frequency models
- Flow web analyses and modeling
- Data analysis including univariate, multimetric (State or regionally-specific Indices of Biotic Integrity “IBI”), fine and coarse scale, landscape or basin level, etc.
- Calculation of metrics and guilds (e.g. IBIs, diversity, richness, % dominants, % tolerants and intolerants, species composition, clingers & shredders, etc.)
- Data interpretation
- Assistance with grant writing, report writing and publishing
Contracts and Subcontracts
Invertebrate Ecology values contracting and subcontracting opportunities with agencies, companies, non-profits and laboratories. Go to our Aquatic Projects’ page to learn more about some of these projects and contracts.